In this article, we will be discussing how to connect a TCP smart bulb to Google Home. We will be providing a step-by-step guide on how to do so, as well as highlighting some of the benefits of doing so.
How to Connect a TCP Smart Bulb to Google Home
- First of all, you need to download the ‘TCP Smart’ App from the Apple store for iOS users, or from the Google Play Store for Android users.
- Open the ‘TCP Smart’ App.
- Click ‘Login’ and log in with your existing account. You must create a new account for the first-time user using your email address/mobile number.
- To add a new device, Select ADD DEVICE > LIGHTING DEVICES and Select TCP Smart Bulb from the available list of devices.
- Power on the TCP Smart Bulb and from there follow the on-screen instructions on the app.
- Now download the ‘Google Home’ App from the Apple store/ Google play store.
- Search for the ‘TCP Smart’ in the Alexa skills directory and enable it.
- Now enter the same login details that you have entered into the TCP smart app.
- Make sure that your Google Home and TCP Smart Bulb are both turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Home app on your phone or tablet.
- In the top left corner of the main screen, tap Menu.
- Tap Setup Devices > Works with google.
- Under “home control”, find out the TCP Smart and select.
- If you don’t see your TCP Smart Bulb, make sure that it’s turned on and that it’s connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Google Home.
- On the next screen, select Agree and Link, and your device will display on the following screen.
Now your TCP Smart Bulb is connected to your Google Home.
To control your light bulb, say “Ok Google, turn on/off my lights”. You can also change the color or brightness by saying something like “Ok Google, set the brightness to 50%” or “Ok Google, set the color to blue”.
To disconnect a TCP Smart Bulb from your Google Home, go back to the Devices screen in the Google Home app and tap the name of the bulb.
On the next screen, tap Unlink.
Some of the benefits of connecting a TCP smart bulb to Google Home include:
- You can control your lights with voice commands.
- You can create schedules and timers for your lights.
- The app provides an easy-to-use interface to control your lights.
- You can dim your lights or change their color with voice commands.
- The bulbs are affordable and come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- You can group multiple bulbs together and control them as one unit.
Now that you know how to connect a TCP Smart Bulb to Google Home, you can start controlling your lights with just your voice! Have fun trying out all the different commands.