There are many reasons why you might want to connect your Sengled Bulb to Amazon’s Echo, the most popular of which is probably convenience. With the Echo, you can control your lights without ever having to get up off the couch. You can also use voice commands to turn on your lights, change the light color, or even set a schedule
If you have an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, and you want to be able to control your Sengled bulbs with your voice, this is the guide for you.
In this article, we will show you how to connect your Sengled bulb to Alexa, so that you can turn it on and off with just a few words. There are two ways to do this: with hub and without hub.
How to Pair Sengled bulbs With Alexa without Hub?
If you don’t have a hub, you can still connect your Sengled bulb to Alexa. All you need is an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, and the Alexa app installed on your phone.
To connect your bulb to Alexa without a hub, follow these steps:
- Open the Alexa app on your phone and tap the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap ‘Smart Home‘ in the menu, then ‘Devices.’
- Tap the ‘+’ button in the top right corner of the screen. The app will start looking for nearby devices. Make sure that your Sengled Bulb is turned on.
- Select your bulb from the list of devices that appear, then tap ‘Next.’
- The app will ask you to name your device. Give it a name, then tap ‘Done.’
- You can now control your Sengled bulb with your voice. To turn it on, say ‘Alexa, turn on the light.’ To turn it off, say ‘Alexa, turn off the light.’ You can also change the brightness of the bulb.
You can also add the Sengled bulb to a group for your convenience. To do so, navigate to menu>>Smart Home>> Groups.
Create a Smart Home Group, give it a name, then tap ‘Add Devices.’ Select your Sengled bulb from the list of devices that appears, and tap ‘Done.’ You can now control your entire group of lights with just one voice command.
How to set up a Sengled bulb with Alexa? (With Hub)
To connect your Sengled bulb to Alexa, you will need an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, a Sengled bulb, and a Sengled Hub/Zigbee. Once you have these items, follow the steps below:
- First, open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet.
- Next, tap the ‘menu icon‘ in the top right corner of the app.
- Scroll down and select select ‘Skills & Games‘ from the menu.
- Type ‘Sengled’ in the search bar that appears, and a list would pop up.
- Select ‘Sengled Home‘ from the list.
- Tap on ‘Enable To Use‘.
- Fill in your email and password through which you set up your Sengled account.
- Once the accounts are linked, Alexa will ask you to ‘Discover Devices‘
- Tap on ‘Discover Devices‘ and your Echo or Echo Dot will start looking for your Sengled bulb.
- The app will search for any Sengled bulbs that are connected to your home network. Select the bulb you want to control, and then click on the Connect button.
You can now control your Sengled bulb with your voice. Simply say “Alexa, turn on the light,” or “Alexa, dim the light.”
The Sengled bulbs can be connected to Amazon’s Echo, Alexa. This will allow you to use voice commands in order to turn on and off the lights as well as change colors. Wrapping up, connecting your Sengled bulb with Alexa is pretty easy and just requires an account through which you’ve set up your device and a few steps to follow.